How To Fix ‘Valorant Graphics Driver Crashed’ Error
The graphics card driver crashed error in Valorant can be very annoying if it happens consistently during your games. It is generally caused by outdated or buggy drivers and you may want to consider reinstalling your NVIDIA or AMD drivers to fix the issue. If you face the ‘graphics card driver crashed’ error even after updating or reinstalling your drivers, you may potentially have a hardware problem if the issue is persistent across other games as well and not just Valorant. Here is a quick look at how to fix Valorant’s graphics driver crashed error and prevent random freezes and crashes in the game.
Fix ‘Valorant Graphics Driver Crashed’ Error: Update Your Graphics Card Drivers
The first thing you should do if you are facing the graphics card driver crashed error in Valorant is update your GPU drivers. Here is a quick guide to help you update your drivers on both NVIDIA and AMD cards.
Update AMD Graphics Card Drivers
- Visit the AMD Driver and Support page: https://www.amd.com/en/support
- Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to begin downloading the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool.
- Once the download is complete, run the file from the save location.
- When prompted, click Install to begin the setup process.
- Click Next until the update completes for your graphics driver.
Update NVIDIA Graphics Card Drivers
- Search for NVIDIA GeForce Experience in the Start menu.
- Click on the first result.
- Click on Drivers.
- Click on Check for Updates or Update.
- Wait for the download to complete and click on Install.
- Click on Next until the installation is complete.
Update Windows 10
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type check. Then click Check for updates.
- Click Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions so that Windows Update will automatically download & install the latest DirectX for you (included in the updates).
Once your graphics card drivers and Windows are updated, restart your computer and launch Valorant. You should no longer get the ‘graphics card driver crashed’ error in Valorant. If you are still getting the graphics card driver crashed error in Valorant you should consider writing to Riot Games support and also seek support for your graphics card in case of hardware issues.
On some rare occasions, Valorant’s updates can break the game and cause these issues. If it is a common issue for a large number of users, all you need to do is wait for a fix to be deployed by Riot Games.