Free Fire OB28 Update Leaked Patch Notes: All You Need to Know
The Free Fire OB28 Update is scheduled to go live tomorrow on June 8 with Garena already having announced maintenance for tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM (IST). The developers have already announced a few things that players can expect to come along with the highly anticipated OB28 Update, but some additional patch notes have also been leaked by a Free Fire data miner who goes by the name of ‘Knight Clown’. The OB28 Update is going to be packed with a lot of new user rewards, items, cosmetics, gameplay features, character balances, weapon adjustments, and much more.
So let’s take a quick look at what we can expect from the Free Fire OB28 Update that drops tomorrow on June 8. Everything from leaked patch notes, what Garena has revealed till now, and more.
Free Fire OB28 Update: Leaked Patch Notes
Everything We Know So Far
So far it has been confirmed by Garena that users who download the OB28 Update for Free Fire will be receiving 2 x Diamond Royale and 2 x Weapon Royale Vouchers as login reward from 9th to 13th June. Apart from this, a few features that the developers have themselves revealed are as follows,
- They have also teased the release of a new automatic weapon called the Mini Uzi, offering a combination of a high burst with an increased rate of fire.
- The introduction of a completely new rank tier called ‘Grandmaster’ to the Clash Squad Mode.
- A new hyped game mode called Pet Rumble.
- A couple of gameplay optimizations like a new item being added to the Vending Machine, increasing the number of available grenade slots, and the pin feature finally getting a boost of optimization.
- A character balancing preview showcased some changes being introduced to Klu, Paloma, and Laura.
Update OB28: Leaked Patch Notes
- Ranked Season 7: The new rank season will start from June 9 onwards, 2:30 PM (IST). All Free Fire players who are successfully able to reach a rank of ‘Gold II’ or above will obtain the ‘Golden M1014’ as a reward.
- A new ‘Grandmaster’ rank tier is also being added to the game mode, which will be further divided into 3 sub-sections. As per information, the top 1000 Heroic players will be promoted to this rank.
Grandmaster I: 1-100 Heroic ranked players
Grandmaster II: 101-300 Heroic ranked players
Grandmaster III: 301-1000 Heroic ranked players
- The overall capacity of the Training Ground has been Increased.
- A new Airship has been added to the social zone.
- A new Bumper Cars event has been added to the race track.
- Addition of the Chat Emojis to communicate with flair.
- A new leader board has been added to the combat zone.
- Though the game mode is being hyped a lot by the developers not much about it has been revealed so far, that being said this game mode will be available from June 9.
- Four new mini-games will also be added to the scientists’ task.
Characters, Pets, and Balances
- A new character called ‘D-Bee’ teased in the latest Free Fire creative will soon be available in Free Fire. The character seems to have an ability called ‘Bullet Beats’ which increases the movement speed and accuracy when spraying while moving, leveling up this ability increases the buff percentage.
Movement Speed increases by 5/7/9/11/13/15%
Accuracy by 10/13/17/22/28/35%
- Along with a new character, a new pet called ‘Dashy Duckwalk’ will also soon be available in Free Fire. The pet will provide a movement speed buff by 30/40/60%.
- Paloma: The female character will see her ability ‘Arms Dealing’ being improved, applying to all type of ammunition except for the 40 mm. Also, the extra ammo will not be taking up inventory space, levelling up as follows: 45/60/75/90/105/120.
- Clu: The characters ability ‘Tracing Steps’ will be adjusted and the location will be shared with her teammates at all levels. The ability stats will increase as follows,
Radius: 50/55/65//70/75 m
Duration: 5/5.5/6/6.5/7/7.5 secs
Cooldown: 75/72/69/66/63/60 secs
- Laura: Her ‘Sharp Shooter’ ability will be improved. Her accuracy while scoped in will increase as follows, 10/13/17/22/28/35%
New Weapons and Balances
- A new ‘Ice Grenade’ will be added to Free Fire that will deal damage across a small area over a period of time, across both the Battle Royale and Clash Squad game modes. Its leaked stats are as follows,
Explosion Damage: 100
Explosion Radius: 5 m
Ice Frost Radius: 5 m
Ice Frost Duration: 10 secs
- Enemy players who remain within the ‘Ice Frost’ radius will be affected with a 10% decrease in movement speed, 20% decrease in the rate of fire, and receive about 5-10 damage per second.
- A new weapon called ‘Mini Uzi’ will also be added to Free Fire along with the new update, featuring a burst due to a high rate of fire. Its leaked stats are as follows,
Base Damage: 17
Rate of Fire: 0.055 sec
- M1917: The M1917 Revolver Pistol will get a small buff. Its minimum damage will witness an increase from 36 to 45, while its effective range will see a 25% increase.
- KORD: The high fire rate light machine gun KORD will also receive a further buff. Its accuracy will be increased by 25%, the rate of fire when in machine-gun mode will also increase by 25%, and the damage multiplier to gloo walls, oil barrel, vehicles will also witness an increment of 120%.
- M60: Another light machine gun will be receiving a slight buff in the form of its damage increasing when in machine-gun mode to +5, while the damage multiplier to gloo walls, oil barrel, vehicles will also be increased by 60%.
- Kar98K: The 8x scope sniper gun will observe an increase in damage to arms and legs by 25%, while at the same time its damage to the body has been reduced by 10%. Not only this but armour penetration has also been introduced for the weapon, taking it from literally 0 to 40%
- A few new items will be added to the Vending Machine like Ammo and Repair Kit. Along with this, the purchase limit will also be increased for some items, while a personal purchase limit will be set.
- The time to capture the revival point will now be increased to 33 seconds while the revival points per game will be reduced to 8. Along with this, the cooldown has also been increased to 180 seconds.
- Rank points have been adjusted so as to decrease the difficulty for players when it comes to levelling up.
- The total number of utility and grenade slots has been increased.
- To make communication while playing Fire Fire more effective and efficient, Garena has finally introduced audio commands to the game.
This is all that we know about the Free Fire OB28 Update so far, which is scheduled to release tomorrow on June 8, as Free Fire goes down for maintenance from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM (IST).