Wild Rift Origin Series Tournament for EU, CIS, Turkey and MENA Announced
Riot Games has recently announced the launch of a new tournament: the League of Legends: Wild Rift Origin Series for Europe, CIS, Turkey, the Middle East, and North Africa regions. Registration for the tournament is now open and will close on June 1, 2021. The Wild Rift Origin Series boasts a total prize pool of € 300,000 ($366,531) USD and will be held across several months and conclude with an offline final featuring top teams from across all groups. Here are more details about the Wild Rift Origin Series.
Wild Rift Origin Series: All You Need to Know
The Wild Rift Origin Series will be a tournament open to all players and teams from Europe, CIS, Turkey, the Middle East, and the North Africa region. It will be held in three phases:
- Monthly Qualifiers: The qualifiers for the tournament will take place in the early stages of the coming months.
- Monthly Finals: The top 16 teams from each group will clash as they battle to rack up points and prize money.
- Finals: The offline final will host the top teams from across all groups and only one will be left holding the trophy.
The Wild Rift Origin Series boasts a total prize pool of € 300,000 ($366,531) USD. However, as of yet, the exact way in which the prize pool will be split between the monthly qualifiers, the monthly finals, and the overall finals has not been revealed.
Only players who are above the age of 17 and are currently residing in the EU, CIS, Turkey and MENA regions are allowed to register in the tournament. You can find the full list of eligible countries here.
“We’re excited to launch the first League of Legends: Wild Rift intercontinental esports circuit for Europe, MENA, CIS, and Turkey, building on the momentum and hype displayed by our dedicated players and fans,” said Hans Christian Duerr, Head of Esports for Wild Rift, Europe, and MENA. ”League of Legends: Wild Rift Origin Series is set to bring mobile esports to the next level and shine a light on new talents yet to be discovered.”
Tournament Registration and Requirements
Participants must adhere to the rules and regulations for the tournament. Here are the following requirements;
- Teams must have at least 5 and no more than 8 players
- Teams must have at least 3 members with residence in one of the following regions: Europe, CIS, Turkey, the Middle East, and North Africa.
- Players must be at least 17 years old
Registrations for the Wild Rift Origin Series are open until June 1, 2021, and you can register here. Teams are required to have at least 5 -8 players in order to qualify.
The tournament will have a double-elimination format. The matches will be played in a BO3 format until the grand finals.
- Game Mode: Custom – Draft Pick 5v5
- All Champions Allowed
- Lobby Creation: The higher seeded team will create the game lobby and invite their opponents.
- Side Selection: The higher seeded team has a side selection for Game 1. The loser of each game has a side selection for the following games.
- Picks and Bans: As the game currently does not support a Champion banning feature, this must be done before the start of the match via chat. Teams are provided with 30 seconds to decide on each ban (Ban Order: ABAB). If no ban is placed within 30 seconds, this banning opportunity is then forfeited. Picks will be completed using the in-game draft.
Team Rules and Regulations:
- The location given on your team profile must represent the geographical location of your team’s roster.
- Teams are not allowed to make changes to their roster after the sign-up deadline.
- Due to the lack of a pause feature in the game, disconnecting will not stop a match. Players must reconnect to the game as soon as possible.
- Server issues that require a full game restart will be done so with the same champion picks and bans.
- After each game, teams must upload a screenshot of their end-of-game screens to the match page.
Ever since Wild Rift’s release in the SEA region, Riot Games has been steadily hosting tournaments in the said region, one example is the Wild Rift SEA Icon Series. This will be the first official Wild Rift tournament hosted in Europe. It will be interesting to see how well the esports ecosystem for Wild Rift will improve in the coming months.