Is Warzone Cross Platform? Here’s How You Can Enable It
Warzone’s cross platform settings allow you to play with your friends from any platform. Whether you’re on PlayStation, Xbox, or PC, you will be able to play with your friends. Warzone’s cross platform options for PC, Xbox, and PS4/PS5 are enabled by default and you can disable it from the settings menu. Once everything is set up, you will be able to add players from other platforms via their IDs and queue into matches. After enabling Warzone’s cross platform feature on PC, Xbox, or PS4/PS5, players in a party will connect to the platform that the party leader is on. By default, you will not run into players from other platforms unless you have cross-platform enabled in Call of Duty: Warzone.
How to Enable Cross Platform on Warzone – PC, PS4 and Xbox
Here is a quick step-by-step guide on how to enable cross platform on Warzone for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X. The following method works on PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
- Open Warzone on any platform
- Click on Social bar (right corner of the main menu) on PC or press Y/Triangle on console
- Click on Add Friends
- Search for a friend using their Activision ID, PlayStation Network Online ID, Xbox Live Gamertag, or Battle.net ID
- Select the name of your friend and choose ‘Send Invite’
- Your friend will now have to approve the invitation
- Once added, friends from other platforms will show up in the social menu
- You can click on names of players from other platforms and choose the ‘Invite to Party’ option
- You can also join games directly by right-clicking their names and clicking on ‘Join Game’
How to Disable Cross Platform on Warzone
If you do not want to play via Crossplay in Call of Duty on Xbox, PC or PlayStation, and do not want to receive invites from users on other devices, you have the option to disable the feature. Here’s a step-by-step guide to disable cross platform on Warzone.
- Head to the main menu in Warzone
- Click on Options
- Go to Account
- Look for the Crossplay option and toggle it to disabled.
Is Cross Platform on Warzone Available for Mobile?
Cross platform on Warzone for mobile is currently not available. Android and iOS players can play with and against each other but not with any other platforms. Call of Duty: Mobile is a completely separate game and it does not share the same gameplay elements as Warzone.
Should You Have Cross Platform Enabled on Warzone?
It is strongly recommended to keep crossplay enabled as it reduces queue times. However, there are a lot of cheaters in the game and they are predominantly on PC. If you are a console player and run into a lot of cheaters, you may want to turn it off. Leaving cross platform in Warzone on PC disabled also prevents you from adding friends who play on console. Turning off the setting drastically affects your queue times and it takes longer to find matches as you will be finding matches from a smaller group of players.