Best Valorant Field of View (FOV) Settings
If you are looking for the best Valorant Field of View (FOV) Settings, there are not any because Riot Games does not plan on adding any. However, you can manipulate your FOV by changing your aspect ratio which will bring down the FOV from 103 to 71. While playing on a stretched resolution is common in CS:GO, the best Valorant Field of View (FOV) settings are best left to default. The game is optimized for 16:9 only and Riot Games does not offer native support for other aspect ratios. But if you really want to get the best Valorant Field of View settings and lower your FOV, here is how you can do it.
How To Get The Best Valorant’s Field of View (FOV) Settings
If you head to the in-game settings, you will not notice any FOV slider. Riot Games developer Classick revealed that the game uses a 103 FOV and the devs do not recommend playing stretched at 4:3. A lot of CS:GO players play on 4:3 and if you apply the same settings for Valorant, your FOV will change to 71. These are the only two options available right now and there is no way to set a custom FOV at the moment.
How Change Valorant Field of View (FOV) Settings
If you want to get the best Valorant FOV settings and want to mimic your experience from CS:GO or other games you like to play on a stretched resolution, you can do so. While it will reduce your overall horizonal visibility and you will have an easier time tracking targets if you are used to playing at 4:3. But the only catch is, you can change your settings only on NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Click Start
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type “dxdiag” (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
- On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section.
The menu will show you which graphics card you have. If you have an NVIDIA GPU, you will be able to change Valorant’s FOV settings. The following settings will apply to all your apps, so you will need to revert the settings once you are done playing if you want to revert to 16
- Right-click on your Desktop
- Click on Nvidia Control Panel
- Navigate to the Display Section
- Click on “Adjust Desktop Size and Position”
- Select Aspect Ratio and choose 4:3
- When you boot into Valorant, you should now have black bars and a lower FOV.
Instead, if you want to play with a stretched resolution, choose the Scaling option instead of Aspect Ratio.