Valorant Error Code 31: Causes and How to Fix
Valorant Error Code 31 is one of the most annoying things you can run into if you are jumping in to play a few matches to unwind. The error code is tied to RAM issues and it can also show up if Riot Vanguard is accidentally closed by your system. Here is everything you need to know about Valorant Error Code 31 and all the possible solutions to fix it. Before you try any of the solutions below is head to the official Riot Games Support Twitter handle if you get Valorant Error Code 31. If it is not an issue tied to an update or patch, you can try out the following fixes for yourself.
Valorant Error Code 31: How to Fix
Here are all the solutions that you need to try if you run into Valorant Error Code 31.
Try restarting your game a few times to seee if the error code persists. Many users report that the game client times out and shows the error code which can be fixed by restarting your game.
Close All Riot Related Processes
You can try closing all Riot Games processes including Riot Vanguard to check if Valorant Error Code 31 persists.
- Right-click on your Taskbar
- Click on Task Manager
- Find all processes with the Riot Games or Valorant logo.
- Right-click on each of the programs and click on End Task.
Restart Your Computer
Riot’s Vanguard anti-cheat process can be shut down by Windows, specially if you have less RAM on your computer, which can lead to the error code. If you run into Valorant Error Code 31, try restarting your computer.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Click on the Power icon
- Click on Restart
Submit A Ticket to Riot Games
If you the unable to fix the issue by restarting your game or closing Riot processes from the task manager you should submit a ticket at: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us
- Head to the official Riot Games Support website
- Click on Valorant
- You can check the self-help section if you are facing a common issue
- Scroll down and click on “Can’t find what you’re looking for? Submit A Ticket”
- Choose A Request Type That Suits You
- You will get a prompt saying “You must be logged in before you can submit this type of ticket” if you are not logged in.
- Click on Sign-in
- Once you are signed in, enter the Subject
- Choose Your Enquiry
- In the Description Box, enter all necessary information.
- Attach any supporting images or documents in the attachments section.
- Click on Submit