Likely Causes of Apex Legends Crashes in 2021 and How to Fix Them
If you are facing Crashes in Apex Legends in 2021, there are a number of potential reasons behind them. While it is easy to figure out if you get error codes with Apex Legends’ crashes in 2021, but when the game directly exits or freezes your PC, you have to figure things out for yourself. Here are some of the likely causes of Apex Legends crashes in 2021 and how you can fix them. Most of these solutions are for PC and if you are on console, you should check for firmware updates or reinstall the game to see if it helps.
Fix Apex Legends Crashes in 2021: Restart Your PC
The first fix you should try is restarting your PC. Even though it’s an obvious solution, many gamers don’t try a quick reboot to see if their issue is resolved.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Click on the Power icon
- Click on Restart
Fix Apex Legends Crashes in 2021: Update Windows
If you are facing Apex Legends crashes in 2021, you should update Windows which will also update all essential drivers.
- Search “Check for Updates” in the Start Menu
- Click on the Check for Updates button
- Download all necessary updates if applicable.
- Fix Apex Legends Crashes in 2021: Repair Your Game
- Head to Steam
- Click on Library
- Right-click on Apex Legends
- Click on Properties
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
Steam will now check your game files and see if there are any corrupt files that need to be re-downloaded. Origin offers a similar feature and you can repair files from the Properties menu.
Fix Apex Legends Crashes in 2021: Update Your GPU Drivers
You may need to update your GPU drivers to resolve Apex Legends’ crashes in 2021. Here is how you can update:
Update your graphics card via NVIDIA GeForce Experience
- Search for NVIDIA GeForce Experience in the Start menu.
- Click on the first result.
- Click on Drivers.
- Click on Check for Updates or Update.
- Wait for the download to complete and click on Install.
- Click on Next until the installation is complete.
Update your AMD Graphics Card
- Visit the AMD Driver and Support page and see section Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®.
- Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to begin downloading the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool.
- Once the download is complete, run the file from the save location.
- When prompted, click Install to begin the setup process.
- Click Next until the update completes for your graphics driver.
Once your graphics drivers are updated, you should be able to fix Apex Legends Crashes in 2021. If you are unable to fix the issues, it could be tied to faulty hardware. Try contacting EA Help for support and submit a ticket for further assistance.